Sunday, August 14, 2005

"TRACERS WILL TALK" is a fast fiction based on a photo sent to me by the multi-tasking, multi-talented, multi-qualified and multi-you-name-it Jonathan Ball.
BALLlights
With the business of the summer all around I whipped this one up in ten minutes. I hope you get a kick out of it.

Enjoy...



TRACERS WILL TALK


You know how people say that there's like more wisdom in the ninety-nine percent of our subconscious mind than in the... umm world's biggest computer plus all the animals that have ever walked the earth ? I have found a way to tap into all that mental power and I will have to someday plan to write a book about it.

I've been teaching English to kindergarten students in Taipei, Taiwan for something like two years. It is a great way for me to get into that uncharted territory of the mind. The only problem is that hash is sometimes hard to come by in Taiwan. Good hash, I mean. I'm just lucky that I did a lot of psychedelics back home when I was a teenager.

I don't want to say that I'm like resting on my laurels or anything, but I did learn a lot from those trips. I brought a lot of "souvenirs" back from those trips. I mean that's what a flashback is, right ? A souvenir that you suddenly stumble on, like if you were to buy a totem pole in Vancouver and then when you were at work and you were looking for something... work related and you stumbled across that totem pole... You'd feel pretty lucky. You'd remember... the totem pole and the person that sold it to you and how he was like your best friend who owed you money but gave you the acid instead. Well you know what I mean. Basically, that's what flashbacks are to me.

Sometimes in class we repeat the same word like a million times and it's like a mantra. Yesterday we sang the blue song a hundred times and I could feel myself slipping back into a kind of hallucinogenic state.

Sometimes I get tracers off the students eyes which write out entire sentences and then I really try to concentrate to read the message that my subconscious is writing to me. It's like I've got a ouija board inside my head.

I could totally be psychic.

Yeah I'm pretty lucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home