Thursday, August 25, 2005

"A FOOTHOLD IN HIS FACE" is a fast fiction that aspires to the summits of man's imagination while also providing tips on a quick escape from a throttling by a bastardly boss.

Today's inspiration comes from Roberto Goring, an 18-year old artist whose work smashes together color, characters and action into a crime scene that you'll want to slow down to stare at as you pass by.

puhff
Enjoy...



A FOOTHOLD IN HIS FACE


"To call you useless is to insult all of the things in this world which are truly deserving of the term 'useless'. Umbrellas in a tsunami, water-wings in a desert, a fucking shovel thrown at a drowning man. These are useless things. You are less than these things. You are sub-garbage !!" His screaming builds to a crescendo of rage.

I can muster nothing more than a blink in response to this barrage of abuse.

"No to call you 'sub-garbage' is to insult anything that might ever fit in that catagory. You are a rotting piece of turd used by school children as a target for their loogy-hawking contest." He settles down to a simmer.

I fight the urge to fall to the ground in a faint. I imagine myself as a tiny rock-climber trying to find a foothold in the rocky edges of his face. Trying to climb my way up from the ground below. Find a way to hold onto the moment.

"Never again," I mutter.

"That's right never again. What the hell do you think this is a girl scout camp for retards!! When I say I need something, that means I need it !!"

Yes that's right. Two sugars in his coffee. Two sugars. I hold on for dear life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home